Organization development is a systematic process for applying behavioral science principles and practices in organizations to increase individual and organizational effectiveness.
· Organization development is an organizational improvement strategy.
· In the late 1950s and early 1960s, it emerged out of insights from group dynamics and from the theory and practice of planned change.
· Organization development is about how people and organization function and how to get them to function better.
· The field is based on knowledge from behavioral science disciplines such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, systems theory, organizational behavior, organization theory, and management.
· OD practitioners are consultants trained in the theory and practice of organization development, with knowledge from the underlying behavioral sciences.
· OD programs are long term planned, sustained efforts.
· Such efforts begin when a leader identifier an undesirable situation and seeks to change it.
Other Posts :